Bowhunting and Its Benefits
Bowhunting is the act of pursuing or taking wild game animals using a bow and arrow. This practice, however, is about more than the pursuit or killing of game. Even though providing meat for the table is a satisfying feat, there are many more benefits of bowhunting.
- Wildlife Management
- Bowhunting is an effective wildlife management tool used to promote the growth of healthy animal populations and improve habitats, especially in areas overpopulated with deer and in places where modern firearms are restricted.
- Bowhunting provides outdoor activities for more than three million Americans.
- Bowhunters contribute more than $13 billion per year to U.S. retail sales.
- Bowhunting experiences in the outdoors can be deeply satisfying. Many hunters see bowhunting as a form of art.
- Bowhunting provides a lifetime of learning experiences.
- Bowhunting offers insights into history, cultural traditions, and the hunting heritage.
- Bowhunting brings together people of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Bowhunting offers an escape from the fast-paced and stressful demands of modern life.
- Wild game meat is healthier than domestic meat raised for human consumption. Archery also provides year-round activity for individuals and families.