The Bowhunter's Creed
In trying to adopt your own code of responsible behavior when bowhunting, it may be wise to consider the following statements which make up the National Bowhunter Education Foundation (NBEF) Bowhunter's Creed.
I firmly resolve, without reservation, to uphold the following bowhunting principles.
- I will support the national, state, and provincial regulatory agencies and conservation organizations in the propagation and management of all game.
- I will, at all times, actively support and promote hunting with the bow.
- I will abide by current game regulations and at all times conduct myself as a sportsman so as not to bring discredit to the bowhunting community.
- I will respect all landowners' rights.
- I will assist all bowhunters in locating places to hunt, but I will not impose myself knowingly on another bowhunter.
- I will enjoy the challenge of the hunt and will study the habits of the game I hunt.
- I will use legal archery equipment and will search long and diligently to track down and recover any wounded game.
- I will not undertake or commit any act that could be considered as detrimental to the ancient and honorable art of bowhunting.