Three essential bowhunting accessories include an armguard, finger protection, and a quiver.
- A covering that keeps clothing clear of the bowstring and protects the arm holding the bow.
- Finger Protection
- A string guard, tab, glove, or mechanical release that allows the hunter to pull, hold, and release the string without chafing fingers.
- A shatter-resistant cover or hood that protects the shooter and others from accidental contact with arrow points and provides safe transport of arrows in the field. There are two basic types of quivers.
- Back Quiver: Worn on the back; it may be separate or worn as part of a backpack.
- Bow Quiver: Attaches to the bow; many types are detachable while hunting.