The goal of bowhunter education is to develop safe, responsible, and law-abiding bowhunters. Bowhunter education is important because it does the following:
- It decreases archery- and bowhunting-related incidents.
- It promotes responsible bowhunter behavior. This includes obeying bowhunting laws and regulations.
- It helps students identify specialized equipment, considerations, and techniques. With this knowledge, they can become effective and responsible bowhunters.
- It helps bowhunters recognize their limitations with bowhunting equipment. They can identify ways to improve their bow-shooting skills.
- It recognizes that there were limited formal opportunities to learn special bowhunting knowledge and skills before bowhunter education.