These rough fish may be hunted with archery equipment.
- Buffalo (bigmouth, black, smallmouth)
- Carp (bighead, black, common, grass, silver)
- Carpsucker (highfin, quillback, river)
- Freshwater drum
- Gar (longnose, shortnose)
- Gizzard shad
- Redhorse (golden, shorthead, silver)
- Sucker (spotted, white)
See the Iowa DNR fishing regulations for more information about using archery equipment to hunt bullfrogs and other frogs—except for the endangered crayfish frog.
Note: Bowfishing is not a legal method for taking turtles, paddlefish, or any game fish.