Your big game license includes an adhesive tag. After you harvest the animal specified on your license, you must:
- Cut out the month and date of the harvest, and then sign the tag.
- Remove the adhesive backing and secure the tag to the animal so that all information on the tag is readable.
The way you attach the tag depends on the type of animal.
- For antelopes, deer, and mountain lions, attach the tag securely around one hind leg between the hoof and ankle joint.
- For turkeys, attach the tag securely around one leg.
- For elk, cut a slit through the hide on one hind leg between the hock tendon and the leg bone. Then securely fasten the tag around the hock tendon directly above the ankle joint.
You must tag each harvested big game animal:
- When you bring it to a road or into any hunting camp, farmyard, or residence or …
- Before you place it in or on any vehicle.