Just as you have a dominant hand, you also have a dominant eye. You need to aim with the dominant—or master—eye for the most accurate shooting. Usually your dominant eye is the same as your dominant hand, but not always.
To determine your dominant eye:
- Form a triangular opening with your thumbs and forefingers.
- Stretch your arms out in front of you.
- Focus on a distant object while looking through the triangular opening.
- Bring your hands slowly to your face, keeping sight of the object through the opening. The opening will naturally come to your dominant eye.
- If you’re not sure which eye is dominant, close one eye at a time. The weak eye will see the back of your hand; the dominant one will be focused on the object in the triangle.